Zog’s Top 10
1. Sachem North (5-0). The Flaming Arrows had 438 yards of total offense in a 28-7 victory over Northport. Jesse Scann led the way with 124 yards rushing and 11 tackles.
Up next: Hosts Floyd in a rematch of last season’s county final on Friday night at 7 p.m. The game will be telecast live on MSG Varsity (Cablevision Ch. 14).
2. St. Anthony’s (5-0). The Friars sailed by St. Joseph by the Sea, 56-14, as Brian Sherlock rushed for 103 yards and Charlie Raffa ran for 109. Each scored a touchdown in the blowout win.
Up next: At Chaminade on Saturday at 1 p.m.
3. Newfield (5-0). The Wolverines’ magic season continued with a 35-7 victory over Centereach that gave Newfield the best start in school history. Shervon Barthelmy rushed for 149 yards and three touchdowns and also threw a 73-yard TD pass.
Up next: At Half Hollow Hills East on Saturday at 2 p.m.
4. Longwood (4-1). The Lions gave a home crowd of more than 3,000 plenty to roar about with a stirring 22-13 victory over rival Floyd. Davonte Booker ran for 90 yards, including a clinching 16-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Darius Greene made 10 tackles.
Up next: Hosts Bay Shore on Friday night at 6 p.m.
5. Floyd (4-1). The Colonials had won four straight over Longwood and 12 of 13. Their first loss of the season takes a bit of the luster off their upcoming showdown at No. 1 Sachem North. For Floyd, even a 98-yard touchdown on a fumble return by Stacey Bedell wasn’t enough.
Up next: At Sachem North on Friday night at 7 p.m. in MSG Varsity’s Friday Night Live tri-state area game of the week.
6. Sayville (5-0). The Golden Flashes continue to display a potent offense, taking care of Amityville, 32-12. Steven Ferreira passed for 253 yards and four touchdowns, giving up 16 TD passes. Only Oceanside’s Tyler Heuer, with 18, has more on Long Island.
Up next: Hosts Islip in the game of the year in Division III on Saturday at 2 p.m.
7. Islip (5-0). Jeffrey Craig ran for 135 yards and two touchdowns to spark a 24-6 victory over Westhampton as the Buccaneers’ defense continues to shine.
Up next: At Sayville in a battle of unbeaten teams on Saturday at 2 p.m.
8. Connetquot (4-1). Mike Pellegrino appeared healthy in leading the Thunderbirds past Lindenhurst, 20-6. Pellegrino ran for 145 yards and two TDs and made 19 tackles with three sacks.
Up next: Hosts Sachem East on Saturday at 2 p.m.
9. North Babylon (4-1). It took a 21-yard field goal by Adam Amin on the game’s final play for the Bulldogs to get past stubborn Bellport, 12-9. It was his second field goal of the game. Preshod McCoy ran for 100 yards and made an interception.
Up next: Hosts East Islip on Saturday at 2 p.m. in one of the better rivalry games on the Island.
10. Glenn (5-0). Another big day for Ryan Rielly. The senior quarterback passed for 115 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 90 yards in a 54-14 rout of Stony Brook.
Up next: Hosts Center Moriches on Saturday at 2 p.m.
On the bubble (alphabetically): Deer Park (4-1), East Islip (4-1), Holy Trinity (4-1), Mt. Sinai (4-1).