Bring Back our Coaches - Some Contributions by Coach Langella
Posted Thursday, November 05, 2009 by Jayne Hessel
EVA DEMYEN-NEW SUPERINTENDENT- MADE A BAD CALL ON A SUSPENSION OF
COACH GOLDRICK AND TERMINATION OF OUR #1 HEAD COACH RON LANGELLA -
THIS IS JUST SOME OF THE CONTRIBUTIONS BY COACH LANGELLA TO THE DEER PARK FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND DEER PARK COMMUNITY SINCE 2005
In order to put this in a more clear perspective aside from the equipment, donations, programs, money, support, credibility, loyalty and integrity Ron Langella has brought to this football program and community. He has been a mentor, friend and role model to many of our kids. He is a good man who is being showered with an absolute disgusting display of disrespect and a lack of appreciation for what he done for the kids of Deer Park Football, this community and this program. His contributions to this community and our kids are too long to list. This is not just about some football coach. This is about a man who truly cares about our kids and this community. This is a very sad day in Deer Park!
- Born and raised in Deer Park and an alumnus of Deer Park High School.
- Volunteer assistant football coach 1993.
- Took over a decimated and a perceived laughingstock Deer Park football program 2 weeks before the season began in 2005 with no off season training program and a varsity player roster of barely 30 kids.
- In 2006 the football the program lacked up to date helmets, shoulder pads and other basic and essential football equipment. After several kids had received injuries due to the inadequate and faulty equipment supply Ron Langella facilitated a donation from Deer Park alumnus Dennis McDonaugh for $10,000 that helped purchase the new helmets and shoulder pads necessary to keep our kids safe. He then went out and collected another $3000 in private donations that went to the football programs touchdown club.
- From 2006-2008 Ron Langella arranged 3 day football mini camps with the Springfield College (Massachusetts) Football coaching staff to work with the Deer Park JV and Varsity Football teams to implement and improve its offensive schemes! These camps were funded primarily from outside donations from Ron Langella’s personal friends, alumni, their family members and the Langella family as well as other community supporters of the Deer Park Football program solely because of Ron Langella.
- From 2006-2009 Ron Langella brought in Xceleration Sports Training Inc. a sports performance training center located here in our Deer Park community to provide the football team with professional trainers and a strength and conditioning program just for our kids. Xceleration Sports Trainings owner John Furia supplied his 10,000 square foot training facility and his professional training staff to train our kids for each and every upcoming football season for the past 4 seasons. Mr. Furia donated his own equipment to the Deer Park High School Football team for use during it’s off season speed camps, summer training camp and off season training programs. It is a known fact that Mr. Furia donated not only his personal time but each year donated tens of thousands of dollars per year in FREE training services to our kids in his training facility from December through August for the past 4 years. This NEVER would have been possible without Ron Langella’s influence and respect in this community!
- In 2007-2008 solicited a football shoe donation from a local NIKE Corp. sales representative to supply FREE football shoes to kids in the program who were not able to afford proper footwear for the season.
- Facilitated the personal relationship with Dean Constantatos owner of First Class Bagels in Deer Park to supply all of our football breakfasts and functions with FREE bagels, food and catering!
- Developed an essential working relationship with the local area equipment representative from RIDDELL that supplies the majority of the football gear used in most every high school, collegiate and professional football program. That relationship has reaped significant returns in equipment purchases perks for the Deer Park Football program.